Sunday, August 30, 2009

Z50 Road Test

This weekend I took my, new to me Z50 to the lake house. here's the report.
Since I took the small bars off and swapped them out for some bigger bars the bike is a night and day change from stock, now your knees are not hitting the tank and you can turn the bike when you have to. The Tires are old and have seen better days so needless to say you have NO grip on the wet grass! As for topend this bike will go as fast as you want to go on 8" wheels almost a little scary! You can fit a 70cc Jug and Piston off a CT70 right to the bottom end of the Z50 motor or they make 110cc cylinder kit for crazy people with money!

Here are some pics that i'm using to rebuild the bike after. Getting back from the lake I took it apart and started painting it to look like the pictures minus the crazy $$$ pipe! They also make an after market plastic tank but it to is going to set you back. this bike is a lot of fun still not sure witch bike i like better the CT70 or the Z50? the CT has the control but the Z50 has the out of control feeling that lets you know your alive.

I would post a pic of the Z50 but i forgot my camera at home, but i plan on posting pics of the bike on the lift and as i get closer to finishing the project.

No comments:

Post a Comment